£0.00 - £58000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Systems Engineer - SCADA/LINUX/
Permanent - Up to £58,000
We are currently working with a large organisation based in Yorkshire and the North East. They have had recent investment into their operations team and with technology being a necessity in every business these days they require a people with a hybrid of IT and Engineering skills.
This is an exciting prospect for an IT specialist interested in gaining some pivotal skills in Engineering OR an Engineering specialist wanting to gain some necessary and valuable skills in IT.
This is a rare opportunity to gain a blend of skills that will become ever more apparent in years to come when IT and Engineering teams will come together to automate for efficiency.
Don't worry if you don't have knowledge in both areas, they offer paid training programmes where you will be able to work whilst earning qualifications you can't get anywhere else but more importantly increase your salary at the same time.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Team specialists in SCADA protocols, ICS control system mapping and configuration
- Provide support for system automation and control
- Deliver automation schemes to support the BAU, AVC and RTU implementation projects
- Participate in the out of hours call out support arrangements
- Adherence to all security policies and participate in the security incident management process
- Provide input into the NIS Directive to achieve and maintain compliance
- Support the Operational Technology security infrastructure including firewalls and security management tools
- Support the Operations Technology managed Operating Systems and Services including Active Directory
- Liaison with Control, Dispatch and Contact Centre operatives
- Support and implementation of software releases, patches and service packs
- Contribute to infrastructure refresh projects
- Effectively manage workload to achieve internal and external standards
Key Skills in either Engineering or IT:
- Control Systems
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in (Engineering, IT or similar)
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Appreciation of the cyber security risk to ICS control systems and its treatment
- Previous experience working in Operations Technology
- Familiarisation of the configuration of firewalls and security products