Leeds, West Yorkshire
£0.00 - £40000.00 per annum
26 days ago
The Systems Engineer is responsible for provision, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and server infrastructure.
Must have at least three years experience in an IT infrastructure role
Server management and maintenance experience
Network Management i.e: installation of switches, monitoring network health etc
Must be flexible with hours 8:00 until 5.30pm, must be flexible if required to work outside office hours
The systems engineer will be responsible for the following duties:
1.Perform daily systems monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system application logs and verifying completion of scheduled tasks.
2. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up resolving any issues that occur.
3. Perform regular security monitoring using vulnerability scanning tool to identify patches. Download and apply security patches and apply upgrades on a regular basis.
4. Liaise with stakeholders, other teams and 3rd party suppliers to provide a technical overview on both design and review of new solutions.
5. Implementation of new hardware, software and upgrades.
6. Carry out regular tests as required including, test restores, DR testing and failover tests.
7. You will be responsible for the implementation, migration, security, management, support, monitoring, design, and operation of the Physical and Virtual Servers at all sites.
Please click apply to be considered!