£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
You will be one of 3 team members who will take on the role of day to day administration of servers, storage and client device administration. Supported by a team of 7 technology specialists you will have an opportunity to learn a wide range of technologies, while using your meticulous methodical approach to ensure that vital monitoring and administration is completed effectively.
There will be plenty of opportunities to work on new and varied projects supporting the technology specialists in delivering solutions in the areas they are responsible for.
You will handle escalations from our 1st / 2nd line support teams and deal with the complex issues that they are unable to address.
You will perform daily checks on our systems monitoring backups, alerts from our monitoring systems and performance alerts, you will then take full responsibility for resolving these and seeing them to a successful fix, using the support of the specialists, your own research and investigation skills and 3rd party support direct with the Vendor.
You will actively seek to develop and improve the processes within the team ensuring that we have good guides for frequently performed administration activities.
- Microsoft Windows is our primary platform, so you will be expected to have good technical knowledge in all aspects of currently support versions of Windows client and server operating systems. Strong understanding of the Windows permissions model, NTFS, AD DACLS etc. But knowledge of Linux and MacOS is also very useful.
- Experience of managing datacentre hardware essential, you will be expected to troubleshoot and replace failed components. As well as rack and stack new hardware.
- Basic networking troubleshooting skills are required.
- Ideally you will have exposure to the System Center suite of management tools including System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Operations Manager (SCOM), Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) as well as VMware VSphere for management of a VMware ESXi environment.
- A good understanding of Office 365 backend services (Exchange, SharePoint etc) is highly desirable, as well as their on-premise equivalents.
- Ability to write PowerShell scripts.
- Helpful friendly and approachable, able to communicate to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to comprehend business impact of IT and the risks and opportunities associated with change
- Create clear written documentation
- Deliver training and material to 1st / 2nd Line teams
Please click apply to be considered!