£25k - 30k per year
0113 386 8555
12 days ago
My client a leading company based in York are searching for a Systems Support Engineer, to be part of their Security Services Team.
You will be responsible for managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure for our managed customers. You’ll configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools whilst proactively working to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
As an IT System Engineer your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a valued part of the Security Services team.
- Provide technical support.
- Helping the existing staff, to deliver IT support services to clients.
- Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls and tickets are handled within appropriate timescales.
- Working on resolving first and second line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows based environments.
- Experience with virtualization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V)
- Networking knowledge and experience with Cisco, (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Keen to learn new technologies
- Logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV.