S. Yorkshire, Yorkshire and the Humber, England
£44000 - £45000 per annum + excellent benefits package
7 days ago
The Technical Analyst is responsible for the management, operation and support of the internal IT Infrastructure services. This includes Server & Storage (hardware and Operating system), AS400, Backup & Recovery services, Disaster Recovery services, Datacentre operations, WAN, LAN & Wifi Network Services, Network security (Firewalls, etc), Telecoms, and the management of infrastructure management tools, ensuring the services are available and perform to the agreed SLA, quality and budget in accordance with the relevant industry standards.
This role is accountable for the delivery and management of the internal IT Infrastructure and Telecommunications services.
* Ensuring infrastructure and communication services are available and perform to the agreed SLA, quality and budget in accordance with the relevant standards. This includes all the activities needed to support and maintain the infrastructure including managing the infrastructure roadmap of scheduled product upgrades, updates, technology refreshes, and major software patch, firmware, or service pack releases.
* Management and continuous improvement of the IT Infrastructure services, server/storage, network, backup/recovery management, telecommunications and all associated infrastructure
* Leads project work-streams on behalf of Project Managers for the delivery of project work, providing technical subject matter expertise and implementation responsibility for infrastructure & telecommunication system implementation and upgrades
* Lead the transition of new or updated services, ensuring all functional and non-functional requirements have been met in order to operationally accept the new services into production
* Creates and maintains low level system designs / plans that ensure new services deliver the desired business outcomes, optimum level of the service and can be supported, maintained in a cost effective and secure way.
* Maintain disaster recovery plans for business critical infrastructure and telecommunications systems & components and demonstrate compliance with appropriate testing. This includes implementing and maintaining processes to ensure the Infrastructure & Telecoms services are available in line with and to support the business recovery point and recovery time objectives laid down in the service catalogue
* Develops and maintains policies, processes, procedures, and knowledge articles based on recognised best practise to support optimal operation of the infrastructure.
* Researching, evaluating and recommending new technologies, skills and solutions to support business productivity, cost reduction and automation
* Provides technical support, training and mentorship to technical analysts within the infrastructure team.
* Business Engagement & Technical account Management to key stakeholders and partners -Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships. Implements a communications strategy, including, for example handling of complaints problems and issues managing resolutions corrective actions and lessons learned collection and dissemination of relevant information appropriately.
* Deputise for Infrastructure Lead as required
Your skills and experience:
* Desired not essential - IT related qualification / certificate eg
o CCAA or equivalent Citrix experience
o VCP or equivalent VMware experience
o AWS Certified Associate or equivalent experience
* ITIL Foundation or higher preferred
* Demonstrable IT Infrastructure technical skills, including, but not limited to Windows/Linux operating systems, Server & Storage hardware platforms, Backup/Recovery services, AS400, Network (WAN/LAN/VPN/WiFi), Telephony (fixed & mobile), and Security
* Good understanding of IT standards and best practise frameworks across the IT service lifecycle - eg ITIL, TOGAF
* Good knowledge of delivering highly available, reliable and effective infrastructure platforms that enable business systems
* Good knowledge of technical problem solving and delivery to SLA targets.
* Strong experience in failover, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuance.
* Good knowledge and experience of data security.
* Strong experience in version and change control methodology.
* Customer Focus - A real passion for people, to empower, motivate, support and advise. Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with a customer focused attitude and desire to provide continual service improvements.
* Impact & Influence: Able to demonstrate excellent rapport building and communication skills with the ability to adapt own approach to suit a diverse range of people. Must have experience of influencing others effectively and able to overcome objections positively, whilst remaining engaging and approachable. Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
* Personal Organisation: An extremely conscientious and well organised approach to work load. Must be able to work under own initiative without the need for close supervision. The ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads effectively and be able to deal with a variety of tasks. Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Driving Performance: Driven to succeed and set high personal standards and goals. A passion to motivate and inspire staff and demonstrate team leadership by example and personal behaviours. Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* To be able to communicate effectively at all levels