South Yorkshire, England
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + excellent benefits package
4 months ago
We are looking for a Technical Analyst - Networks to join a leading client in South Yorkshire.
As a Technical Analyst, you'll be responsible for the management, operation and support of the IT Infrastructure services. This includes Server & Storage (hardware and Operating system), AS400, Backup & Recovery services, Disaster Recovery services, Datacentre operations, WAN, LAN & Wifi Network Services, Network security (Firewalls, etc), Telecoms, and the management of infrastructure management tools, ensuring the services are available and perform to the agreed SLA, quality and budget in accordance with the relevant industry standards.
Here are just some of the things you'll be involved in
* You ensure infrastructure and communication services are available and perform to the agreed SLA, quality and budget in accordance with the relevant standards.
* Management and continuous improvement of the IT Infrastructure services, server/storage, network, backup/recovery management, telecommunications and all associated infrastructure.
* You'll be responsible for the delivery of project work, providing technical subject matter expertise and implementation responsibility for infrastructure & telecommunication system implementation and upgrades.
* Creates and maintains low level system designs / plans that ensure new services deliver the desired business outcomes, optimum level of the service and can be supported, maintained in a cost effective and secure way.
* Maintain disaster recovery plans for business-critical infrastructure and telecommunications systems & components and demonstrate compliance with appropriate testing.
* Develops and maintains policies, processes, procedures, and knowledge articles based on recognised best practise to support optimal operation of the infrastructure.
* Researching, evaluating and recommending new technologies, skills and solutions to support business productivity, cost reduction and automation.
* Business Engagement & Technical account Management to key stakeholders and partners -Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
Your skills and experience
We need someone who is qualified in either CCNA or CCNP along with experience in Citrix Netscaler and Fortinet Firewall. We need this along with:
* Demonstrable IT Infrastructure technical skills, including, but not limited to Network (WAN/LAN/VPN/WiFi), Telephony (fixed & mobile), Firewalls, Load Balancers, network security, Windows/Linux operating systems, Server & Storage hardware platforms, Backup/Recovery services.
* Good understanding of IT standards and best practise frameworks across the IT service lifecycle - eg ITIL, TOGAF
* Good knowledge of delivering highly available, reliable and effective infrastructure platforms that enable business systems
* Strong experience in failover, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuance
* Good knowledge and experience of data security.