£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
12 Month FTC
This role is accountable for the delivery and management of the IT Infrastructure and Telecommunications services.
* Ensuring infrastructure and communication services are available and perform to the agreed SLA, quality and budget in accordance with the relevant standards. This includes all the activities needed to support and maintain the infrastructure including managing the infrastructure roadmap of scheduled product upgrades, updates, technology refreshes, and major software patch, firmware, or service pack releases.
* Management and continuous improvement of the IT Infrastructure services, server/storage, network, backup/recovery management, telecommunications and all associated infrastructure
* Leads project work-streams on behalf of Project Managers for the delivery of project work, providing technical subject matter expertise and implementation responsibility for infrastructure & telecommunication system implementation and upgrades
* Lead the transition of new or updated services, ensuring all functional and non-functional requirements have been met in order to operationally accept the new services into production
* Creates and maintains low level system designs / plans that ensure new services deliver the desired business outcomes, optimum level of the service and can be supported, maintained in a cost effective and secure way.
* Maintain disaster recovery plans for business critical infrastructure and telecommunications systems & components and demonstrate compliance with appropriate testing. This includes implementing and maintaining processes to ensure Infrastructure & Telecoms services are available in line with and to support the business recovery point and recovery time objectives laid down in the service catalogue
* Develops and maintains policies, processes, procedures, and knowledge articles based on recognised best practise to support optimal operation of the infrastructure.
* Researching, evaluating and recommending new technologies, skills and solutions to support business productivity, cost reduction and automation
* Provides technical support, training and mentorship to technical analysts within the infrastructure team.
* Business Engagement & Technical account Management to key stakeholders and partners -Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships. Implements a communications strategy, including, for example handling of complaints problems and issues managing resolutions corrective actions and lessons learned collection and dissemination of relevant information appropriately.
* Deputise for Infrastructure Lead as required
Knowledge e.g. Qualifications
* A-Level / Diploma, or equivalent experience
* IT related qualification / certificate eg
* ITIL Foundation or higher preferred
* Citrix Netscaler Experience
* Fortinet Firewall experience
* VMware experience
* Public cloud experience (AWS/Azure)
Please click apply to be considered!