£500 - £520 per day
3 months ago
My client a leading company based in Southend on Sea are searching for a Technical Architect to be accountable for design, build, and support of the technical architecture of a Kubernetes container management platform in AWS (EKS) encompassing the development (development tools, CI/CD pipelines), runtime (infrastructure, Kubernetes, containers) and operations (monitoring tools) architecture.
For this contract we need someone who is eligible to go through Security Clearance.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Architecting for IaaS at scale: at least several hundred VMs.
- Architecting data storage at scale in an extremely secure environment
- Infrastructure as code in an AWS environment, including personally coding in Terraform
- Cloud computing, AWS in particular, and contemporary tooling for automation in development
- Real-world applications of security, at scale, in an agile development environment
- Large scale agile environments, having delivered and supported CI/CD in such an environment.
- Leading technical teams and delivering user-focused services
- Software development and application architecture, with good knowledge of open source technologies, testing and at least one programming language
- Understanding how to influence senior management and communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day role, operating in an AWS environment:
- Contribute to, develop and maintain the customer's AWS infrastructure and tooling roadmap
- Create, own and maintain necessary AWS designs and supporting logical diagrams
- In conjunction with the Devops engineering team, create, own and maintain standards for AWS naming and AWS build standards (throughout Git / Terraform / Jenkins tooling)
- Scope and oversee all Devops team build work
- Build AWS infrastructure in Terraform
- Contribute to overall design of release and deployment process
- Attend Architecture Design Boards, submit to the same, and gain necessary decisions
- Analyze business requirements to develop infrastructure solutions within AWS and perform initial scoping of your own design work.
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.