£320 - £370 per day
8 days ago
4 months (+ext)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a contract Technical Author for a major blue chip company on a high profile project (driverless cars). This will be a fully remote role.
It's important to note that this role is inside IR35.
This client is seeking to hire a Technical Author that will be able to work on an Open Data Exchange Platform, encouraging collaboration between many different entities.
Deliverables include the frameworks, data and resources for planning and exchanging real-time device and project specific communications.
The key deliverables required for this Technical Author position are:
- A report summarising the design and build of the project's Data Exchange platform (including data and solution architecture, UX, UI, catalogues of code libraries)
- A series of technical reports or case studies summarising proof of concept findings
- A series of interviews with CAV subject matter expert, data engineers and the wider technical development team
- Support to the Product Owner in creation of market insight and future recommendations reports
- Summary of pre-existing technical reports
The key experience required for this Technical Author position are:
- Demonstrable experience as a Technical Writer, writing for technical audiences (e.g. software developers)
- Strong working knowledge and experience of documenting APIs
- Ideally experience of connected automated vehicles and/or connected infrastructure environments
- Microsoft Teams for remote working
- Project tracking tools such as Azure DevOps and GitHub
If you do have the relevant experience for this remote Technical Author position, please do apply.