3 months ago
Technical Consultant - Information Security / Network Security / Windows / Unix / Linux / Firewalls - North Yorkshire
The Bridge IT are currently hiring for an international client in North Yorkshire.
Due to the set up of a new scrum team our client requires a number of Technical Consultants to work on the end to end delivery of information security projects. Overall you will be responsible for enforcing standards and creating information security processes for the team to adhere to. You will be part of projects at a high level, looking at changes and new measures, providing guidance and steering the team and communicating with the wider business.
- Develop, configure, document, and maintain solutions as part of a cross-function infrastructure engineering project team.
- Specialise in the end-to-end delivery of information security projects, from requirements analysis and design, through infrastructure build, network and application configuration, testing and support.
- Responsible for the design and configuration of security systems, including proxy, remote access, mail gateway, intrusion prevention, wireless networking, data leak prevention, security information and event management and web application firewalls.
- Delivery of firewall, Checkpoint, Sandblast, threat emulation, Forum Sentry, Websphere, F5 solutions.
- Ensure that threats and vulnerabilities to the organisation’s business systems and applications (both in-house and cloud-based) are minimised by delivery of new and modernised products and services.
- Monitor delivery of solutions to assure compliance with security standards.
- Provide technical direction and support to multiple work teams regarding work components for a product or platform for both on- and off- premise solutions.
- Provide problem solving for complex problem.Work initiatives include providing solution design, configuration, delivery and project consultation.
- Interact with a diverse range of leaders, including senior management.
- Track assigned tasks for component/ components to keep on schedule.
- Provide technical product training or skills-based training at the departmental and division level, as required.
- Collaborate with product-owner, design, delivery and information security peers to review and provide critical feedback on high-level design and requirement artifacts.
- Mentor on threats in regard to current vulnerability, identification and remediation of risks in change delivery.
- Understand business objectives and provide direction based on best practices and guidelines.
- Strong understanding of security tenets, such as encryption/key management, network design and access control.
- Research and implement the long term strategies for conducting system penetration, vulnerability and web application testing, risk assessments, policy creation.
Experience is required with some or all of the following (as a hands on or hands off professional):
- A network operations/engineering and/or Unix/Linux or Windows system administration background in physical and virtual environments (experience with cloud platforms desirable, AWS in particular)
- Experience with firewall configuration, Checkpoint, Sandblast, threat emulation, Forum Sentry, Websphere and/ or F5
- Experience working with security operations, intrusion detection systems, Security Incident Even Management systems, and/ or anti-virus collection logs
- One or more of the following is not essential but desirable - CISSP, CISA, CISM, PCI-QSA, PA-QSA, PCIP, CRISC, CGEIT
The salary for this opportunity c. £52,000 +benefits(these includefree parking + working from home options + 7% pension + 26 days holiday (plus banks) + free personal travel insurance + health insurance + lifestyle/social benefits + more)
Please apply via the link below and I will be in touch with more information.