North Yorkshire, England
£30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits package
11 months ago
Technical Linux Engineer
Salary - Competitive plus excellent benefits package
We are currently looking for a Technical Linux Engineer to be based in North Yorkshire working for an industry leading client.
This role will involve the daily management of current infrastructure plus the deployment of new infrastructure and application platforms. This will often require substantial customer liaison and some project work. Engineers are expected to have excellent technical skills in addition to project and commercial skills.
Your main duties will include:
* Ensuring the availability and functionality of customer systems and infrastructure, to agreed levels of service, by pro-actively monitoring, maintaining and upgrading these systems.
* Management of an incident ticket stack and individual ticket progress for their customers, with the expectation that incidents are resolved within the terms of an SLA.
* Managing the timely and successful resolution of all requests coming in from customers relating to the service
* Effectively work and contribute as a team member sharing information and experience where applicable together with a willingness to contribute ideas to enhance the service
* Collaborating with fellow engineers to quickly and efficiently expedite the resolution of issues. This includes incident management, change management and problem management
* Providing capacity, availability and service continuity management for customer systems and infrastructure
* Provide on-call and out-of-hours support
You will have a level of knowledge over a broad spectrum of technologies including operating systems, networking, web technologies, databases and enterprise systems management.
You will be a keen and enthusiastic team player who has a good understanding of enterprise infrastructure and application architecture who can play a key part in supporting cutting edge technology solutions.