Leeds, West Yorkshire
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
6 months ago
The Bridge IT are currently working with a large telecommunications business that are looking to recruit a technical operations engineer.
- Experience in Linux System administration - experience in Windows is also desirable.
- Knowledge of computer networking
- Effective problem solver
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work both in a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to write and present documentation of projects and systems
As a Technical Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for installation and maintenance of customer connections. You will also work on internal setups and projects. Other duties include systems maintenance (Including Linux and Windows), dealing with customer escalations and data centre network provisioning.
You will be asked to take part in an on-call rota providing 24/7 support, and interacting with our customers, suppliers, contractors, senior management and directors; therefore excellent communication skills, and the ability to work to deadlines with flexible hours are essential.
You must be able to pass the UK Government Security Vetting.