£0.00 - £35000.00 per hour
26 days ago
Technical Support Analyst - £35,000 - Milton Keynes
The Bridge IT have partnered with a global financial organisation to recruit a Technical Support Analyst on an initial 15 month Fixed Term Contract.
As a Technical Analyst you will be involved in the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of servers and edge of network devices (e.g. desktops, laptops, MDM platform, MACs) and related systems while ensuring all processes and procedures take into account company policy / standards and industry best practices. Assists in determining suitable software to meet user requirements. Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to servers, desktop or laptop computers, MDM platform, or related peripheral equipment.
* Prepare desktops and laptops by imaging devices in preparation for deployment and testing them for proper operation. Occasionally maintains an image for hardware setup. Sets up and configures appropriate hardware and software for new team members as secondary analyst. Performs routine maintenance (e.g. patch application, disk maintenance, array controllers) on the Local Area Network (LAN) Server estate.
* Maintain the functionality and efficiency of computer and user objects in active directory while maintaining correct Organizational Units (OU). Unlocks team member accounts, when necessary.
* Build and configures infrastructure underpinning LAN services.
* Responds to moderately complex technical issues surrounding server/desktop/laptop hardware (e.g. preliminary troubleshoot equipment to resolve issue, replacement of peripheral equipment where issue cannot be resolved), Microsoft Operating Systems, and/or installed software (e.g. basic software corruption), and follows through to appropriate resolution, while consideration is given to creating repeatable process and eliminating recurring problems. Begins to service issues related to Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform and the MAC operating system. Delivers replacement equipment, as needed. Provides set up, deployment, and issue resolution of MDM platform devices (e.g. iPhone, iPad).
* Prepare information and reports on LAN capacity and performance.
* Assist with adherence to technology policies and compliance with all security controls.
* Ensure that allocated work queues are monitored and actioned in an appropriate timescale while assigning tickets accordingly with appropriate prioritization and personally responding to the higher priority issues.
* Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
* Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
* Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
* Builds positive customer relationships, and works with clients to understand and respond to issues
* Investigates and provides solutions to issues, incidents, and problems
* Prioritizes work according to business need, with minimal support