Up to £0.00 per annum + 60000 Plus Benefits
about 1 month ago
Unix Engineer - Harrogate
The Bridge IT have partnered with a global financial organisation in Harrogate to recruit a Unix Engineer who will provide technical support for the Unix Operating System and components alongside serving as a technical resource for future systems design and implementation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Evaluating and make recommendations regarding all Unix server equipment loads software, customizes and configures systems and software to optimize resource requirements and audits the system to minimize vulnerability to penetration and abuse according to Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards.
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Maintaining and evaluating maintenance practices for Unix infrastructure environment, server equipment, firmware, and installs Operating System patches and upgrades on current and new Unix projects. Assists with Kernel patching before compiling to bring previous versions up to date, save traffic, and minimize bottlenecks. Maintains performance tuning according to Service Level Agreements (SLA) utilizing configuration management tools and monitoring tools to evaluate performance trends and capacity planning recommendations. Deploys changes in accordance with change control process and assists with the creation, and updating of change control process guidelines.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong AIX experience in both Design and Operational Support.
- Experience with IBM AIX, Redhat Linux and Oracle Solaris 10 systems administration.
- Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE) IBM AIX Certified Administrator Solaris Certified Administrator.