£75k - 80k per year
0113 386 8555
7 months ago
My client a leading company based in Leeds and London are searching for a UX Interaction Designer.
This role is filling the role of a behavioural scientist in a design environment.
As the UX Interaction Designer you will understand the business needs, product requirements and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive products, interfaces, platforms for mobile and web.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- UX or interaction design experience; experience with responsive Web design and frameworks that incorporate strong grid principles, such as Bootstrap.
- Proven well-designed examples of responsive grid-based layouts. Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Strong ability to recognise and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea).
- Deep understanding of information design / architecture, gestalt principles, and user psychology.
- Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, colour, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience of creating prototypes using GOV.UK and NHS.UK prototyping kits and GDS
- Validating ideas and designs using split A/B tests and product performance.
- Collaborating and communicating professionally with clients and internal teams.
- Designing user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups.
- Measuring recently released product features to establish benchmarks and to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Staying abreast of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
- Developing interactive reporting dashboards and different types of visualisations.
- Creating rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
- Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction, as well as design specifications to engineers
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.